|How to Create a New PIN
|Go to the Library’s Online
Catalog. You can do this at any catalog
computer at the Library, or online at: www.rpl.lib.nh.us.
Just click the Catalog
link on the top of the left menu.
If you have forgotten your PIN, and have an email address in your patron record, please see this page for instructions on PIN reset: Reset a forgotten or lost PIN
If you have forgotten your PIN and do not have an email address in your patron record, please call the Library's Main Desk at 332-1428 for assistance.
Click on My Account:
Enter your Last Name and Library barcode.
(From the back of your library card. It begins with 22100…)
Skip the PIN box.
Click on the Submit button.
You’ll be prompted to create your PIN. Do so by entering it in the two boxes provided.
Patron PINs must satisfy certain requirements in order to be valid in your online library account. Those requirements include:
• At least 6, but no more than 30 characters long.
• MUST have numbers. (For example, 6swen54).
• CASE SENSITIVE. This means that the words "dog", ""Dog", and "DOG" are three different words the library's system, so be sure you remember whether you used CAPS or not for any letters in your password. Avoid repeating single characters (e.g. aaa, 111) or groups of characters (abcdabcd, 1212) as the system will not allow them.
If your PIN does not meet the criteria above, you will be prompted to alter your chosen PIN so that it does so.
For example, you may get an error that tells you:
• Your pin must be 6 to 30 characters long.
• Your pin should contain a mix of alpha and numeric characters.
• Your pin is not complex enough to be secure. Please select another one.
If you inadvertently entered different PINs in the boxes provided, you will get the error message:
• PINs do not match. Try again!
If you get this error message:
• Sorry, the information you submitted was invalid. Please try again.
This means that your browser did NOT retain your barcode in the barcode entry box. (Some, older browsers will not.) Re-enter your barcode as well as your new PIN in each PIN box.
The Rochester Public Library is located at 65 S. Main St.
For additional information, call 603.332.1428. For directions to RPL, click here.