Two meeting rooms
at the Rochester Public Library are available for use
by non-profit groups for public meetings and programs
of a non-commercial nature, during the Library’s
normal hours of operation. The Community Room has a
capacity of 61 people and the Rose Room has a capacity
of 12 people.
- Rochester Public Library has first priority for
use of the rooms.
- Rooms are made available on an equitable basis,
regardless of the beliefs or the affiliations of
individuals requesting their use. An adult of
21 years of age must be present at all times when
the rooms are being used by children under 18 years
- All meetings shall be free of charge and open to
the public. Contributions may not be
- Reservations are made by completing a Meeting
Reservation Form and submitting it at least
one week in advance, but no earlier than four months
in advance of first meeting date.
- Groups must reapply annually by completing a new Meeting Room
- No more than four reservations per calendar year
may be made in advance by any one group. Groups
requesting to meet more than four times must reserve
on a month-by-month basis.
- No organization may use a meeting room more than
once a month.
- The Library reserves the right to move meeting
locations as necessary and the right to revoke
meeting room privileges at any time.
- Meeting rooms, even when scheduled in advance,
will not be available when the Library building is
closed due to emergency conditions or inclement
- When not in use, meeting rooms may be used by
individuals for tutoring and studying on a walk-in
basis, with a limit of one hour. Quiet group
study can only take place in the Rose Room.
Users must sign in at the Main Desk on the 1st
- Groups are prohibited from making statements in
their publicity or signage that suggest Library
sponsorship or endorsement.
- All publicity must include the statement: "This
event is free and open to the public."
- With the exception of the Friends of the
Library, no group may use the Library’s address as
its official address.
- Meetings may begin no earlier than 9:30AM; set-up
is not allowed before Library opens. Meetings
should conclude 30 minutes before closing: by
8:00PM, Monday through Thursday; by 4:30 on Friday,
and by 3:30 on Saturday.
- Each group is responsible for setting up the room,
for returning furniture to its original place, for
clean-up and removal of trash from the Library,
completely vacating the room 15 minutes prior to
closing. Light refreshments are permitted.
- On the day of the meeting each group will be
responsible for hanging up signs on both outside
doors as well as on the door of room, listing event,
date, time and specific room in which the event will
- The person who signs the Reservation
Form assumes responsibility for any personal
injury or property damage resulting from their use
of the room, and for payment of any resulting
- The person who signs the Reservation Form is
the only person who may make a reservation
for the group.
- A group that fails to comply with these
regulations may be denied further use of the meeting
the right to alter these rules as deemed necessary by
the Board of Trustees.
Adopted by the Library Board of