is an online language-learning system that can help
you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese,
Portuguese, German, Chinese, Greek, Italian and more.
provides a quick introduction to a language and
culture through the acquisition of simple
Rochester Public Library patrons can now take
advantage of Mango Languages’ latest innovations: mobile
apps for Android and iPhone. Learn a new
language wherever you are...
NOTE FOR NEW MANGO USERS!
Once you have
registered with Mango, you must access Mango from THIS
page. We strongly advise you to bookmark this current
page and use the link found below to access Mango in
the future. Your Mango account can only be accessed
from the Rochester Public Library website.
Bookmark This Page NOW! (Ctrl+D)
library now offers Mango Languages! I want to start
using the program, so what do I do?
- Please make sure
that you are accessing Mango Languages through this
page on the Rochester Public Library website. You will
need to log in this way each time that you use Mango.
This is done to verify that you are a patron of RPL.
- Once you connect to
Mango through the RPL website, you will be asked to
type in your library card bar code. Make sure to enter
the numbers without any spaces or dashes to avoid an
error. You will have the option to start learning
right away as an anonymous user or to create a
profile, which will allow you to track your progress
and time spent learning each language. If you create a
profile, you will receive an activation e-mail with an
activation link. This link is to be used only once to
activate your account. Every subsequent log in should
be through the link on your library’s website. After
you complete these simple steps, you should be all set
to start language learning with Mango!
- How long does it take to learn a new
language with Mango?
- Mango Languages is
completely self-paced and the time it takes to build
fluency is different from person to person. Upon
completion of a Mango course you will be
conversational in the following topics:
- Express Gratitude
- Greet People
- Make Small Talk with Strangers
- Say Goodbye
- Ask/Tell if Someone Speaks a Language
- Ask/Tell Where Someone is From
- Get Someone’s Attention
- Ask Someone’s Name
- Introduce Yourself
- Ask for Directions
- Get Help Finding Places Using a Map
- Identify Important Places and Facilities
- Count Up To 99
- Negotiate Basic Transactions at Stores
- Gain the Insight into the Food Culture
- Order Drinks And Meals
- Understand Common Phrases Used at Restaurants
- Deal with Large Numbers
- Handle Currency with Ease
- Ride a Taxi and Pay the Fare
- Accept/Decline Help
- Ask/Tell What Trouble One Is In
- Gain Knowledge of Emergency Services
- Ask/Answer What a Word or Phrase Means
- Communicate One’s Ability to Understand
- Express Gratitude
- Request to Repeat, Slow Down, or Speak Up
- Ask/Tell What Something Is
- Give/Respond to a Compliment
- Request/Agree to Speak in Particular Language
|Interested in the
Mango Language Learning Methodology?
You can find
it described here.
Remember though, you need to access
Mango by clicking a link on this RPL webpage.
|The Rochester Public Library is located
at 65 S. Main St. Hours are Monday through
Thursday 9:00 A.M. to 8:30 P.M., Friday 9:00
A.M. to 5:00 P.M. For additional information,
call 603.332.1428. For directions to RPL,